I am a wife of a US Soldier and a mother of a toddler. This blog is our life in pictures and words! Our moments of happiness and hardships and the things we go through as a military family.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wow that was awful!

Just completed day #2 of working out. Intervals- they suck, but I did it and am now recovering and think I will be fine. :)

Time: 24:36
Distance: 2.55 miles
Calories burned: 341
Intervals: 2 minutes at average speed- 30 seconds as fast as I could go for the duration of the workout.

Geoff created/read and adopted a workout for me- 3 days a week-

Day 1: Distance- 4 miles on the eliptical
Day 2: Speed- Intervals on the eliptical
Day 3: Tempo- Tempo- 20 mins of outdoor running trying to maintain an average speed

Week 2: repeat

Week 3: try to increase distance, speed and tempo

etc....

1 comment:

  1. How neat that Geoff designed a workout for you. I really want to train for a 5k, too. I'm thinking this fall though. I just joined a gym so I'm going to get started soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete