I am a wife of a US Soldier and a mother of a toddler. This blog is our life in pictures and words! Our moments of happiness and hardships and the things we go through as a military family.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Yummy Recipe

I thought I would post another family favorite recipe. It is super easy and would be a great dessert to take to your Easter get together.

Dump Cake

1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
2 sticks of butter
1 can of crushed pineapple (drained)
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 bag of pecan pieces

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a glass baking dish (13x9) lightly with cooking spray. Place whole can of cherry pie filling in bottom of dish. Add crushed pineapple on top of the cherry pie filling making sure it is spread evenly. On top of pineapple add dry cake mix making sure the whole dish is covered. Sprinkle pecans on top of cake mix. Then thinly slice both sticks of butter placing each square across the top each square touching the last side by side until whole dish is covered. Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes until top is golden brown.

Yummy Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey now, you're giving away my super secret family recipe that I insist at work takes hours to make when I show up with a hot dish for 7am rounds.

    BTW - I only use one stick of butter and it still comes out fabulous. Can I call it reduced fat?

    ReplyDelete